It’s Father’s Day this Sunday (19 June) and if you’re looking for an amazing present to get you in your dad’s good books, check these out.
Forget boring chocolates, beer and socks - get him something a little different with the wow factor this year. Maybe club-in with your brothers and sisters to give him one of these gifts to remember…
- Give your dad an experience like no other. Let him see the city from a great height with an exhilarating walk on the roof of Newcastle’s most iconic building - The Sage Gateshead. Cost: £69 per person (special introductory price). Click here for more information.
- Give your father an adrenaline packed afternoon with a surf lesson at Longsands, with the Tynemouth Surf School. £25 for a beginners lesson. Here’s the details.
- Buy him a good laugh! What could be better, all dads like fun, right? Get him tickets to a comedy gig at The Stand comedy club in Newcastle. Tickets start from just £2. More information is here.
- For the dad who loves a laugh and a carry-on, how about a fun game of Laser Quest in Sunderland. Perfect for all ages and ideal if your dad likes to stay active. Cost: £4.95 (one game). Click here for more details.
- Treat your dad to a sumptuous Sunday Lunch and musical entertainment at The Customs House in South Shields. Book a delicious Sunday lunch in the Daltons Suite, with music from legendary swing singer Danny Reed. Cost: £15.95 per adult / £7.95 per child. Time: 12:00pm. Click here to book.
- Now this one is the ultimate gift for a health-conscious dad who likes to look and stay young. Get him a Vitamin Infusion treatment at Newcastle clinic, Central Healthcare. Your siblings may need to chip-in for this one as they start at £157. Here’s some more details.
- Buy your dad and the rest of the family tickets to see The Jungle Book movie at the Odeon cinema, Metrocentre. The film has brilliant reviews and it’s perfect for the whole family. Here’s how to book.
- Go on a Roman Adventure to Hadrian’s Wall. Hop on and off our AD122 Hadrian’s Wall bus at the various locations along the route all day long. Take a picnic and have a brilliant time. £12.50 for a 1-day adult ticket, £9.50 for senior citizens and students, £6.50 for a child or £26 for a family ticket. More information.
- For the Newcastle United football fan, how about a tour of St James’ Park stadium. See the dressing rooms, the media room and follow in the footsteps of your favourite players, as you walk out that famous tunnel with ‘Local Hero’ playing. Perfect for any Newcastle United fan.Cost: £15. Here’s the info you need to make it happen.
- Or if Sunderland's your dad's team, take a peek behind the scenes at the Stadium of Light. Tours run regularly and are headed by knowledgeable guides. Tickets are priced at £10 adults and £5 under-16s and over-65s. A group ticket (2x adults, 2x children) is also available priced at £25. More info.
- Beamish. Take a trip back in time to Country Durham’s open-air museum. Make sure you visit Davy’s Fish Shop, for traditional fish and chips served in a specially printed newspaper. The cost of entry is £18.50 for an adult but you can get 25% off your entry if you have a Go North East key card or you go to the museum on one of our buses. Find out more here.