A week today - Friday 25 November - will see the return of ‘Black Friday’ and we have teamed-up with money saving expert, Ashleigh Swan, to bring you a guide to helping you make maximum savings…
1. Write a list of what you would like to purchase and set a budget. Ensure you stick to your list or you risk impulse buying which would cancel out any great savings you could have made.
2. Do your research now. Check the product’s recommended retail price (RRP), check what price it is selling for now and keep checking the price daily in the run-up to Black Friday.
Some companies sneakily quote the RRP on Black Friday when reducing the product, to make it sound like a huge saving, when really they have only knocked a couple of quid off it.
3. Amazon have started their Black Friday sales early, they're already online now so it is worth keeping an eye on their deals because they often do some offers which won't be repeated - https://ashleighmoneysaver.co.uk/r/AMA
4. B&M are rumoured to be taking 10% off all items in store on Black Friday - perfect if there is anything you have seen in there for Christmas.
5. A large health & beauty retailer will be holding a special 'Saturday' event rather than a Friday event - I can't say much more about this right now but I will be releasing all information on my Facebook page soon- www.facebook.com/AshleighMoneySaver/
6. I have a Black Friday event on Facebook which notifies you every time another offer comes live so you don't miss any of the bargains. You can follow that here - https://ashleighmoneysaver.co.uk/r/GNEBF
7. I also have a Black Friday event on my website where I will be releasing all information as I get it, see more here - https://ashleighmoneysaver.co.uk/r/GW
Don't forget about Cyber Monday which is discounts and offers online on 28 November.