Catch the Bus Week is starting on 4 July, and we are doing our best to help you get on board to give the bus a try!
If you hop on the bus just a couple of times a month, then you will be help by reducing the number of car journeys made - so much so, there would be one billion fewer car journeys!
If you have never been on the bus for a little while, you may be suprised by what they offer. We have over 200 buses that have free WiFi, so you can catch up with friends and not use your data, and if you are running low on power, some of our buses feature power sockets too.
FREE 7 day M-Tickets up for grabs
During Catch the Bus Week, we will be picking customers who use the Go North East app and will be giving away a 7 day ticket* each day.
Download the Go North East app, which features real times, so you can see your bus counting down in minutes until it arrives at your stop. It's also convenient for buying M-Tickets rather than having to fumble for change.
Why are buses important?
Buses are Britain’s most widely used mode of public transport, and are vital to our society and our economy. Buses carry millions of people to work, places of education, town centres and to visit friends and family.
Why give the bus a try? A few fun facts...
- Travelling by bus can be a less stressful way to travel and you can enjoy some of your own time.
- Buses and Coaches run over 18 billion miles a year
- A fully loaded double decker bus could take up to 75 cars off the road.
- Using the bus can make you a lot healthier.
- Bus users bring around £64 billion to the UK Economy
- Using the bus once a month could cut 2m tonnes of CO2 a year
*3 zone M-Ticket covering all Buzzfare zones worth £32