Go North East, the region’s largest bus company, has your travel needs wrapped up with the launch of a special Black Friday offer on its mobile app.
The award-winning company has slashed prices of its annual tickets by over a third;
- One zone annual ticket – which gives unlimited travel for £10.61 a week compared to the equivalent weekly ticket price of £20
- All zones annual ticket – which gives unlimited travel for £13.50 a week compared to the equivalent weekly ticket price of £25
- X9 | X10 North or South annual ticket – which gives unlimited travel for £13.50 a week compared to the equivalent weekly ticket price of £25
- X9 | X10 Plus annual ticket – which gives unlimited travel for £16.39 a week compared to the equivalent weekly ticket price of £35
The heavily discounted tickets can be bought at any time from now up until 11.59pm on Friday 29 November but can be activated at any point up to three months after the purchase date.
One zone tickets are priced at £550, all zones and X9 | X10 North or South tickets are £700 and X9 | X10 Plus tickets are £850, giving savings of over a third when compared with the price of 12 monthly tickets.
The good news does not end there though, the bus operator is also completely overhauling its app to offer customers a better travelling experience.
The revamped app will come in the form of an update and will make it easier for customers to find the fastest route to their destination, as well as enabling users to see when the bus is arriving at their bus stop more clearly.
Other features that will be improving include mobile tickets, journey planning, live times and live tracking;
- M-Tickets – buy mobile tickets for now, save for later, or gift to other people.
- Journey planning – quicker access to journey planning tools to get you home and to work. You will also be able to favourite frequently used stops for quicker planning.
- Live times – see when buses arrive in real-time, with departures counting down.
- Live tracking – track your bus in real-time on a map and view line of route alongside next stop departures.
Go North East’s great range of day, weekly and monthly tickets are also available on the app.
Martijn Gilbert, Managing Director at Go North East, said: “We’re delighted to be launching our Black Friday sale, giving the people of the region the chance to buy annual tickets at heavily discounted prices.
“There’s also a new app update on the way, which will essentially be a complete new app with everything overhauled from top to bottom.
"So, whether you’re a seasoned traveller or a complete novice, bus travel is about to get a whole lot easier.”
To download the Go North East app, visit gonortheast.co.uk/gneapp.