Services 2 and 2A at Silksworth from 19 November until 21 December
Vicarage Road will be closed between Monday 19 November and Friday 21 December for resurfacing works.
During these works, services 2 and 2A will run normal route to Vicarage Farm Estate terminus returning towards Sunderland via Silksworth Road and Silksworth Terrace to Tunstall Village Road serving all stops.
Buses will be unable to serve Vicarage Road, Cumberland Road, Lincoln Avenue, Miller Terrace or Blind Lane in Silksworth. Buses will serve stops on both sides of Silksworth Terrace.
Services 5, 20, 20A, 26, 27, 50, 50A, 960 and X20 at Westoe Road in South Shields from 20 November until 14 December
A short section of bus lane will be suspended on Westoe Road outside of the Baptist Church from Tuesday 20 November for approximately 4 weeks, for BT works.
Stop 42S19 (the 1st stop) will be inaccessible during this time, with services using a temporary stop further south, opposite St. Bede's RC Church.
Services 9, 20, 20A, 35, 35A, 36, 56, 939, N56 and X20 at North Bridge Street in Sunderland from 24 November until 21 December
North Bridge Street contra-flow bus lane will be closed from 24 November for 4 weeks.
During this closure services towards Sunderland City Centre will be diverted via Roker Avenue (serve stop at Salvation Army building), right to Church Street North and right to Dame Dorothy Street, serving stop at Bonnersfield, then left to Wearmouth Bridge as normal.
Service 185 at Haltwhistle from 10 until 21 December
Park Road to the west of Haltwhistle will be closed for works from Monday 10 until Friday 21 December.
Serving stops on Main Street/Westgate on opposite sides to normal. Unable to serve Park Road - please use Railway Station or Main Street stops.
Services in Newcastle on New Year's Eve
The Newcastle New Year's Eve Celebration and Fireworks Display will start from 4.30pm.
Roads closed include Barras Bridge, St. Mary's Place, Percy Street (north of St Thomas Street) and Sandyford Road behind the Civic Centre.
- Services 309 & 310 will be diverted from 4.20pm towards Newcastle via Osbourne Terrace, Jesmond Road, A167 Central Motorway, leaving via the 2nd slip road to Claremont Road and use stops outside of the University Stephenson building. Depart towards The Hancock Museum, left to Great North Road, taking first off-slip, then right to A167 and left towards Jesmond Road, right to Portland Terrace and left to normal route.
- Service 57 will from 4.20pm will divert towards Gateshead from Hadrian Park right to Osborne Terrace, left to Jesmond Road, left to A167 Central Motorway, leave at next slip-road to Durant Road/New Bridge Street roundabout, then right to Durant Road, left to John Dobson Street and right to New Bridge Street and normal route. Northbound towards Hadrian Park, normal route to John Dobson Street, then right to Durant Road, left to Central Motorway (A167) and follow signs for the coast, turning onto Jesmond Road, then right to Portland Place (in front of Arriva depot) then left to Sandyford Road and normal route.
- Service 33 towards Newcastle will, after 4pm, run normal route through to Osborne Terrace, then divert left to Sandyford Road, right to Portland Road , then Stoddart Street, right to New Bridge Street and Market Street East for set down and pick up.
- Service 33 towards Hollywood Avenue after 4pm will depart from Market Street, left to Pilgrim Street, left to Central Motorway, then first exit right on roundabout to New Bridge Street, left to Clarence Street and Shieldfield Lane, left to Stoddart Street and Portland Road, left to Sandyford Road, right to Osborne Terrace and normal route.
- Service 74 will divert via Gallowgate, Barrack Road, Ponteland Road A189 between A167 and Eldon Square in both directions.
- Service Q3 will, after 4.20pm, divert between Great North Road and Market Street via A167 Central Motorway, Durant Road/New Bridge Street roundabout, then Durant Road in both directions, omitting Haymarket, Eldon Square, north end of John Dobson Street, Percy Street, Newgate Street or Grainger Street.