Go North East has your Christmas and New Year travel needs wrapped up
Go North East, the region’s largest bus company, has wrapped up your Christmas and New Year travel needs, following the announcement of their Christmas timetable information.
The company has revealed that their buses will run to normal timetables all the way up to and including Monday 23 December.
Buses will also run throughout the Christmas and New Year period, apart from Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, with special services running on Boxing Day, so you can hit the sales or visit family and friends.
Travelling from A to B across the North East is easy thanks to the bus operator’s app, as it is equipped with a journey planner, real-time bus information and mobile tickets.
Day tickets start at just £5.30 and weekly travel from £20, with cheaper tickets available in Go Local Saver Zones.
So, whether you are commuting to and from work, or you are a last-minute Christmas shopper looking for that special gift, you can hop on board with Go North East this festive season.
- Monday 23 December – buses will run to normal timetables.
- Christmas Eve – most buses will run to normal weekday timetables, with the majority of last departures between 6pm and 7pm – view last departures.
- Christmas Day – no buses will run on Christmas Day.
- Boxing Day – some services will be running to special timetables, including services 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 10A, 10B, 16A, 20, 21, 26, 27, 35A, 45, 47, 49, 49A, 53, 54, 55X, 56, 58, 60, 97, 310, M6, Q1, Q2, Q3, X1, X21, X30 and X66 – view full timetables.
- Friday 27 December – buses will run to Saturday timetables with a few exceptions – view full details.
- Saturday 28 December – buses will run to Saturday timetables, and X50 NUFC Matchday Park & Ride will also be running from intu Metrocentre Coach Park – view full details.
- Sunday 29 December – buses will run to a normal Sunday timetables.
- Monday 30 December – buses will run to Saturday timetables with a few exceptions – view full details.
- New Year’s Eve – most buses will run to Saturday timetables, with the majority of last departures between 6pm and 7pm – view last departures.
- New Year’s Day – no buses will run on New Year’s Day, except X50 NUFC Matchday Park & Ride from intu Metrocentre Coach Park.
- Thursday 2 January 2020 – normal service resumes.
Martijn Gilbert, Managing Director at Go North East, said: “The build up to Christmas can be a stressful experience with congestion and full car parks, so we’re encouraging people to get on board with us for affordable, convenient and comfortable travel this festive season.
“Many of our services are fitted with great features including free onboard Wi-Fi and chargers, so you can sit back, relax and let us do the driving for you.”
To view Go North East’s full Christmas schedule, visit gonortheast.co.uk/christmas.