Kids go free with Go North East this summer
Our kids go free initiative is returning to help make family travel even more affordable.
From Saturday 23 July until Sunday 4 September, up to three children aged 11 or under can travel for free on any Go North East service, all day, every day when accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. This includes any tickets that have already been bought, such as weekly and monthly tickets.
Adults with a valid concessionary travel card (free bus pass) on grounds of age or disability can also take advantage of the offer without paying a penny.
So, whether you plan to visit your favourite attraction, head to the coast for fish and chips, or watch the latest release at the cinema, travelling with us couldn’t be easier.
Adults can buy bus tickets on the Go North East app, and it’s also packed full of other great features, including live bus times, interactive maps, journey planning, things to do ideas, plus much more.
If you prefer to buy your ticket on the bus, you can do so using contactless payment, or cash, and the children travelling for free do not require a ticket.
The majority of our buses also come with free Wi-Fi and charging to keep you entertained, and next stop announcements so you’ll never miss your stop.
So, what are you waiting for? Sit back, relax, let us do the driving and give up worrying about finding a parking space, whilst also doing your bit for the environment.
Other operators as part of Network One, including the Tyne & Wear Metro, Stagecoach and Arriva, are also providing the same offer to help people get out and about the North East.
Go North East tickets the offer applies to:
- Adult single or return tickets
- Any valid adult concessionary pass
- Any Go North East zonal ticket
- All adult Network One tickets including Explorer North East, Tyne & Wear Day Rover and Network One Anytime Weekly, Monthly and Annual tickets (including those sold by Metro, Arriva or Stagecoach)
- Adult Transfare tickets (including those sold by Metro)
- SmartZone North East tickets (including those sold by Arriva or Stagecoach)
- Any Go North East 5 to 25 tickets (provided that the fare-paying customer is aged 18 or over)
- Network One Students and Young People Tickets (provided that the fare-paying customer is aged 18 or over)
- Tap on Tap off customers on VOLTRA 53|54 and Quaycity Q3
- Evening Tap On Customers across the network
To view the latest events and attractions, check out our things to do guide.