Top 10 Holiday Money-Saving Ideas
If your thoughts have turned to booking a holiday but you’re on a budget, help is here. Go North East has teamed-up with frugal guru Ashleigh Money Saver to bring you these top holiday money-saving tips.
- Have you ever thought about booking a holiday through The Sun? You can choose from a number of locations across the UK and Europe for less than £100 for a family for a week! Plus they have a price promise so you know your holiday will be the best price. Click here for more information: ashleighmoneysaver.co.uk/r/cNVc
- If you plan on traveling abroad then do some research into flights. It may be cheaper to fly from an airport in the next city rather than the one closest to you. Scottish school holidays are at different times to those in England so flights from Scotland can be cheaper in our school breaks.
- If you’re holidaying with children, it is often miles cheaper to go all inclusive. Children are always wanting a drink or an ice cream and if you find a package which includes unlimited free treats for the kids then this could save you ££’s and you won't feel guilty saying no!
- Pick up as many local maps and leaflets as you can when you’re on holiday. These often have coupons and vouchers on to save you money in local restaurants or attractions.
- Booking a holiday on Christmas Day is the best time to book. Prices are reduced dramatically on Christmas Day as the demand is low because everyone is too busy with the festivities.
- Book your attraction tickets online and in advance to make sure you get the best price for the whole family.
- Use a flight comparison tool such as Sky Scanner to find the best prices on flights.
- Invite the family! It can often be cheaper to invite some family or friends and split the cost of a villa - this can reduce accommodation prices.
- Looking for a UK holiday, why not look at budget hotel chains such as Travelodge or Holiday Inn Express? You can get rooms from £20 a night and they can be found in all popular destinations around the UK and apparently the beds are really comfy! Click here ashleighmoneysaver.co.uk/r/VLCN
- Find out how much it will cost to use your phone if you are heading abroad. In some countries, making a phonecall home could cost you as much as £1.50 per minute. You could come home to a nasty phone bill.
Head over to ashleighmoneysaver.co.uk for more money saving tips. Happy holidays!