Planning on attending Durham Miners' Gala on Saturday 9 July? Look no further than our travel guide.
We run a wide range of frequent services to the heart of Durham City Centre, such as the Angel, Castles Express, Durham Diamond, Prince Bishops and Whey Aye Five-0, with a number of other buses from around the region.
- Depending on your journey our Durham single fares start from just £1. If you are making a day of it, then Durham City is in our Green Buzzfare zone that covers West Rainton, Langley Park, Chester-le-Street and Stanley. A 1 zone ticket bought from the driver or on the Go North East app offers unlimited travel for only £4.85.
- If you're under 18 you can travel around for as little as 90p per single journey with your Get Around key smartcard.
Road closures and diversions
- Between 8am and 10am and again from 3pm and 8pm, Services 13/14, 15/15A, 16/16A, 21/X21/X22, 50/50A and 128 to or from County Hall will operate via Framwellgate Peth to Milburngate roundabout, then Castle Chare and North Road roundabout/Bus Station in both directions. Bus stops on North Road at Garden House and Wharton Park/County Hospital will not be served and the outbound stops on Milburngate will be suspended for the entire period of the event.
- Services 13/14 will use Stand A in Durham Bus Station which will be reinstated for the period. Service 128 will only be able to operate via Sutton Street between 10am and 3pm, terminating at Durham Bus Station Stand A between these times.
- Additionally, Services 20/20A, 204, 208 and 265 will, between 8am and 8pm, operate inbound via Leazes Road and Leazes Bowl as they will be unable to serve Claypath in this direction. Services from Durham will operate from Durham Bus Station via North Road northbound to North Road roundabout (as per detail above), then Castle Chare, Milburngate Bridge and ALL services operate via Claypath rather than Leazes Bowl.
- Service X21 evening journeys to and from Bishop Auckland, will operate via daytime route (Nevilles Cross) until 8pm, when buses will return to Elvet.