Sunderland International Airshow takes to the air for the 28th time from Friday 22 until Sunday 24 July. As well as our usual bus services in the Sunderland area, we’ll also be running some dedicated routes to make your journey easy and have staff on hand to answer your questions.
This year promises to be a superb Airshow with the highlights including displays by the RAF Red Arrows, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, RAF Typhoon FGR4 and a host of other great things to see over the weekend.
You can save the hassle of finding a parking space with us and we’ll save you money too! Travel all day in the Sunderland area with Go North East for only £3.65 and we’ve got a great deal for Families too with our Family Day Ticket, priced at just £12.50, giving you unlimited travel on all Go North East bus services. Our Family Day Ticket is available for up to 5 people (2 adults and up to 3 under 16s) travelling together.
For the latest information on what to see over the weekend, visit the Sunderland International Airshow website.
Getting there from Teesside, Peterlee, Seaham, Chester-le-Street or Sunderland South/City Centre
- Catch your usual Go North East bus to Sunderland’s Park Lane Interchange and then catch the A1 Express – running up to every 10 minutes from 9.35am and limited stop to Seaburn Park. Our A1 route also runs every 15 minutes on Friday 22 July from 5.30pm.
- Buses return from Seaburn Park up to every 10 minutes from 12.30pm over the weekend until 6pm and every 15 minutes from 7.45pm until 10.30pm on Friday evening.
Getting there from Washington, Concord & Sulgrave
- Catch our A2 Express from Washington Galleries, Concord Bus Station, Sulgrave Village Centre or The Peel Centre and then limited stop to Seaburn Park. Buses run every 20 minutes from Washington Galleries, starting at 9.30am and running until 1.30pm on Saturday and Sunday. Buses return from Seaburn Park every 20 minutes from 2.40pm until 6pm over the weekend.
- The A2 Express will also run on Friday evening with buses starting at 5pm from Washington Galleries and running every 20 minutes, with the last bus from Seaburn Park at 10.40pm.
Getting there from Durham, The Raintons, Houghton-le-Spring, East Herrington or South Shields
- Catch our Prince Bishops 20/20A buses to The Grange at Fulwell and then walk to Seaburn Seafront or change at Sunderland Interchange onto the A1 Express to Seaburn Park. Buses on the 20/20A will be running up to every 10 minutes on Saturday 23 July and up to every 15 minutes on Sunday 24 July.
Airshow A1 Express – Sunderland City Centre to Seaburn Park
- The A1 zooms you from Sunderland City Centre to Seaburn Park with frequent buses over the weekend. Buses leave from Park Lane Interchange and Fawcett Street in the City Centre and then run non-stop to Seaburn Park, dropping you at the heart of the Airshow. Whether you’re changing from another Go North East bus or parking in the City Centre, the A1 is your fast and frequent way to the Airshow.
- On Friday 22 July, buses start 5.30pm and run every 15 minutes during the evening with the last bus leaving Seaburn at 10.30pm.
- On Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 July, buses start at 9.35am and run at least every 10 minutes throughout the day with the last bus leaving Seaburn at 6pm.
- View times
Airshow A2 Express – Washington Galleries, Concord & Sulgrave to Seaburn Park
- The A2 flies frequently from Washington Galleries, Concord Bus Station, Sulgrave Village Centre and The Peel Centre to Seaburn Park with buses running every 20 minutes over Airshow weekend.
- On Friday evening, buses start at 5pm from Washington Galleries and run every 20 minutes, with the last bus leaving Seaburn Park at 10.40pm. On Saturday and Sunday, buses start at 9.30am and run every 20 minutes, with the last bus leaving Seaburn Park at 6pm.
- View times
Saving You Money
- Travelling on the bus is great value, with all day travel in Sunderland starting at just £3.65 and you can buy your ticket from your bus driver.
- Car parking on the Seafront will cost as much as £20, so leave the hassle of finding a space and take the Family on the bus for only £12.50 with our Family Day Ticket.
- Young people can save too – travel all day for only £3.75, plus if you’re under 18 you only pay 90p per journey on all Go North East buses.
- Please note that Network One, Concessionary bus passes and Nexus Pop Card child fares are not valid on the A1 or A2 routes.